Friday 17 April 2015

It takes a village

So everyone knows it takes a village to raise a child, right? Well it takes a veritable army to write a romance novel :)

There isn't room in the book to thank everyone who offered help, advice and inspiration while I was writing Bound by a Baby Bump, so I'm going to gush Gwyneth Paltrow-style here instead -- you have been warned!

This book coudn't have happened without...

Alexia, for brainstorming, your pep talks and your (painfully!) honest feedback -- it was exactly what I needed, every time
Krista and Iona, for impromptu geography lessons and for introducing me to the Dorset coast
Anna, for all her medical advice on Rachel's pregnancy
Sarah, for insightful notes, as always
Steph, for letting me borrow your 'floor-less' approach to renovating(!)
Carlin, for advising on the pregnancy
All my family, obviously, for putting up with the circuitous conversations, the plot-hole busting, the bringing of carbs, the support and encouragement that comes everyday
The whole team at Mills & Boon, and my fellow Romance writers, for cheerleading, notes, revisions, advice and general fabulosity
And, last but not least, Mike, for all the tea (again).

I owe  HUGE thank you to you all. I couldn't do this job without such amazing support behind me. I love you all lots.

Ellie
x

P.S, DISCLAIMER I'm writing this post with baby brain -- if I've not mentioned you here it's because I'm writing with a mind like a colander, not because I don't love you and value you. I do. A LOT. That's all.

1 comment:

  1. It was my privilege to help you with this book, Ellie. I can't wait to read the final story. And I've had baby brain for 14 years, thankfully it's not terminal. Congratulations on successful completion of both your projects!

    ReplyDelete